Monday, April 29, 2013

Ah, fame is fleeting

Now that the April 29 issue of Woman's World is off the shelves, my time in the spotlight is gone also. Sigh. This is why I have four other submissions into the magazine. My ideas seem to come in waves, so it may be months before I have more inspiration.

In the meantime, I've taken a look at the number of photo albums squeezed onto sagging shelves and I've bought a photo scanner, not necessarily to replace all the old prints but to back them up. My printer will scan, but it's slow and a tad temperamental, so I've managed an end-run on it and purchased a new member of the tech family. So far, I've scanned one photo. It was quick and even showed the dust on the photo!

Someone needs to dust her photos!

This is an Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner. It will correct the colors in old photos. Hopefully, this will work well because we have some old color photos with major issues. It also came with Photoshop Elements 9 and I've ordered a book to learn the basics before I plunge into that.

We have over 40 albums stuffed to the limits of their bindings. After reviewing and scanning through a couple of them, I may be inspired to write. And write. And write.

Inspiration comes in many forms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home