Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Reuben Casserole

Each year for St. Patrick's, we have corned beef. That's usually the only time, although this year I found a way to use the leftovers that may guarantee a corned beef every quarter.

The Reuben Casserole in the Penzey's Spice Catalog was intriguing enough that I cut it out and stuck it in my recipe file.

We love Reuben sandwiches, so I thought it might be a hit with the spouse. However, as he looked at it, there was only skepticism on his face. He'd try it.

Three helpings later, the dish was empty.

Basically, you put sauerkraut in the bottom of the casserole. Top with chopped corned beef, spread mayo and 1000 Island dressing over (I made my own because I needed so little, but I used regular mayo and dill pickles), top with shredded Swiss cheese and toasted croutons and butter. Forty minutes in the oven and it's all over but the second helping.

Bon Appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home