Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

On August 10, I blogged under Serendipity about finding this book at a Goodwill store. It had been recommended to me by a dining companion aboard ship this last May. Well, now I've read it and all I've go to say is:

Where have I been?

With such an unusual title one would think I'd have at least noted it somewhere. After all, it's not hard to forget. Weeks on the NYTimes bestseller list and I see where it's being made into a movie. The NYT site shows Kate Winslet as the main character, although imdb.com doesn't. But then, it doesn't list a movie for her for 2013 either. Hmmm.

Suffice it to say, it was a charming book and I can't wait to pass it on to someone else and share the joy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home