Sunday, March 15, 2015

The New Neighbors

Have you ever heard a Carolina wren? Raucous is one descriptor for its call.

I heard something going on on the front porch and went to investigate. We have columns at each end of our porch and there's a small, less than a foot, space above each before the roof line. Sparrows have built nests before, and wasps!, but this time, the one at the north end of the porch was being loudly proclaimed as belonging to a Carolina wren!

He or she, I don't know, but there's a nest being built about 10 feet off the ground and protected from rain and most predators. And me. But perhaps I can watch from a distance and see a new family being launched.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM CDT, Blogger BeverleyB said...

Interesting point about using children's books for some research.
I'd never thought about doing it, but it makes sense.
Interesting post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home