Saturday, December 27, 2014

Meet the clean attic

My only regret about the five-plus hours my spouse and I spent cleaning out the attic today is that I didn't take a before photo. Boxes stacked to the underside of the roof, Scout Jamboree trunks empty, boxes of stuffed animals, paintings, framed art work, photos, window shades from when we first moved to the house, curtain rods for all 40+ windows, yard art (term used loosely).

About an hour into this, when I was handing things down to my husband, family things, my-type things, curtain rods, he declared we would have an Attic Committee from now on to decide what went into the attic. May be, but I didn't hear any more about that when we moved to the Wall of Camping Stuff.

Suffice it to say, we should sleep well tonight. Two loads of trash, one to Goodwill, stacks of camping gear for our sons, boxes we didn't want to get rid of, but didn't know what to do with either (they're still up there), Christmas items. Which of course is what started all this. I couldn't find all the Christmas items I wanted. Now I can.

Whew! An older friend once told me that her final revenge on her children would be a full attic. Well, she cleaned hers out and now so have I. I plan to have enough years left to do it all over again, Attic Committee or no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home