Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tubeless toilet paper rolls

I'm sure by now you've heard of the latest way to save cardboard: tubeless toilet paper rolls. I'm thinking this probably works real well if your toilet paper roller has a spindle rather than two little catch-things to hold the tube. But what if you feel the need for a tube in your toilet paper? What's a person to do?

Me to the rescue! This morning, while wrapping three birthday gifts, I reached the end of three rolls of wrapping paper. There, into my trash, went three long cardboard tubes. But wait! What if I cut them up into toilet paper sized tubes and inserted them into tubeless toilet paper rolls and went back to "the way it used to be?" I could even save them and use them from roll to roll.

It boggles the mind. Even more so? They're considering tubeless paper towels. Wrapping paper tubes can once again come to the rescue.

Then again, there's this from treehugger.com.

Who knew?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home