Monday, December 21, 2009

Presenting the presents

Before we start buying Christmas presents, I make a list of giftees and possible gifts. It then becomes a fill-in-the-blank exercise, adding anything we find on the great shopping weekend, which took place this year in November. All of these gifts, left in their store bags, stack in my sewing room where I can step over them until it's time for the grand wrapping.

Usually, I haul the paper and ribbon into the sewing room, pick a sack and start. I check off the items as they're wrapped.

This year, I decided to do it a bit differently. I moved everything down in to the breakfast room, turned on the TV (not available in the sewing room), and wrote out a new list as I wrapped. Ms. Efficiency. Or so I thought.

I hadn't wrapped anything in a day or two, the Christmas card sack was in use instead, when I happened to go into my sewing room and, klutz that I can be, dropped something. I'm looking for it on the floor--and see, to my consternation--more presents! They were tucked under the cutting table. I'd bought them on a vastly reduced sale back in the summer. I immediately remembered them. It's just that the Christmas list didn't exist then.

They are now wrapped, and I've scoured the place once more for hidden treasure. I haven't found it, but I'm keeping an eye open.

Happy Valentine's, anyone?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home