Monday, July 08, 2013

How could she not know?

We were at a musical production yesterday. It was typically hot and the audience was dressed, for the most part, for the weather. Over the years I've been attending the summer musicals, I've noticed the dress standards decline precipitously, nearing a shorts and tee shirt status for some.

However, most people adhere to some sort of "special day and we paid a LOT for these tickets" frame-of-mind and they are at least dressed better than going to the local Big Box. Maybe not church dress, but then that has declined steeply also, and my rant on that is best left to another post.

But this one young lady yesterday, slim and fashionably dressed, must not own a mirror. I only saw her from the back, her full-skirted white summer dress swaying as she made her way down the incline. But the effect was spoiled because not only did her inch-wide dress straps not cover her bra straps, her dress was cut so low in the back (but not inappropriately), that her bra was clearly visible above it.

Really? It's not like I could go up to her, a la woman-to-woman and whisper "your slip is showing" or anything. It was her bra! And quite a bit of it! Maybe she didn't mind. Maybe her date didn't either.

Maybe I'm just out of style, but if my bra is showing, someone come up and tell me, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home