Tuesday, December 21, 2010

24 Days of Ornaments: Dec the 21st



Nine years ago, our son Matt undertook a summer internship in London for his graduate degree. Along with invaluable experience in his field, he brought home a young woman, Mary. Eventually, we all sojourned to London for a wedding and we have the grandest grandchildren in the world. (And if you don't believe me, just ask to see a photo. Or two.)

But the Christmas of 2001, Mary was a guest in our home. She brought with her two ornaments for our tree, this reindeer and a cat. (If you guessed kangaroo, you get half the points.) I marked them on the back so I could remember their provenance.

Someday, when I'm no longer putting up a tree, I'll hand them over to the grandest grandchildren. (By the way, would you like to see a picture?)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home