Sunday, August 29, 2010

State Fair jelly, tomato hornworms, and young scientists

What a strange combination for a blog post!

Big news first: While my lo-sugar plum jelly placed 10th and therefore out of the running at the Texas State Fair, my lo-sugar cherry jelly earned a 4th, or honorable mention. Yeah, me!

On the I-can't-believe-what-I'm-still-finding front, my hornworm collection is now up to 14. It seems that every time I go out to pinch off more leaves for them to eat, I find more of them eating! They are getting big and I've split the population into two jars. I think maybe some of them aren't going to survive since they barely move when prodded. I may have to find a third jar.

The grandest grandkids were fascinated by them this weekend. Little scientists in training.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home