Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24, 2010

I started this blog 4 years ago today, so happy anniversary to me. I had just set up my first laptop. It was shiny and new and I was going to play with it! I still have the laptop, some of the key tops are worn off (a,s,e,n) and I've upgraded the OS, but I still love it, even if it's not shiny and new.

In the good news/bad news column, I found baby-baby hornworms on my tomato plants today. Of course this is bad news because they were eating my tomato plants, but good news because I captured the 7 I saw and have confined them to a jar. Here we go, I'm trying again. Since the grandest grandkids are coming to stay Friday night, maybe one of the blessed worms will still be alive so we can watch it munch away.

Whereas their predecessors were about 4 inches long and as big around as my little finger, these guys are about an inch long and skinny. But they do have that distinctive horn and it is disproportionately large. I could say something, but I won't.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home