Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Skirting the issue

I like to wear skirts, particularly in the summer. They're so much... cooler.

So I decided at the Big City grocery store today to do an informal survey. How many other women were wearing skirts?

Lots of people in the store. Only three in skirts.

1. Child of about 10 in a sundress. Doesn't count.
2. Woman in what was probably a swimsuit cover-up masquerading as a dress. Or, maybe not. It was short and thin. She was tall and thin. Really looked nice. What can I say?
3. Woman in a short short skirt. She shouldn't have. Really. Too short for her age and size. Her sandals were too tall for her age and size and skirt.

But what can I say? I was surveying. And wearing a skirt made out of a fancy faux lace-designed shower curtain I picked up for a couple bucks at a Canton linen dealer. It's the hazards of sewing, right?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home