Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Let us all hope..."

"... that we are preceded in this world by a love story."

Those are the opening words which appear on screen of the 2005 movie Sweet Land. I rented it to exercise to and fell immediately under the spell. So much so that when the first 30 minutes had gone by, I removed it from the DVD and told the spouse I wanted to rewatch the first of it with him and then finish it. I think he'll really like it.

But where did this wonderful quote come from? The best I can find is this link to a flickr page, which is a shot from the movie. A poster?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were true, that all of us had the love story of our parents in our backgrounds? Reality tells us this is not the case, that too many of us are not the product of love stories and even if we think we are, many of those stories didn't last a lifetime, some not even through our childhoods.

But as a romance author, I plan to keep that quote in mind and remember that when I'm writing a novel, the people falling in love should be the preceding, the opening act if you will, of someone else's life.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home