Friday, May 29, 2009

Mosquitoes and me

While we have a real Mosquito Magnet and it does a grand job, I am also my own personal mosquito magnet. I attract them like flies to honey. So when I saw coupons for a new product which doesn't involve spraying noxious insecticide all over one's body, I grabbed my scissors and began clipping.

The Off Clip-On does just that--it clips on. Or sits at your feet under the patio table, its little 2-AA battery fan running and whirling some new repellent through the air. The spouse was skeptical, and I must admit to being fooled one too many times by the latest in skeeter repulsion schemes, but I can say that so far, this little jewel has worked. I clipped it to my shorts this morning while I dickered with the weeds over where they were going to live, the flower beds or the garbage sack, and I wasn't called upon even once to give my life's blood.

The chemical is supposed to last about 14 hours, or what they predict is two weeks. There's a little green indicator to tell you when it's time to drop in more. I've already bought refills, courtesy of a sale and a coupon. I'm more concerned about how long the batteries will last, but I'll keep track of that too.

Still, to be itch-free... wonderful!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home