Wednesday, April 01, 2009

An intro to romance

This is my 350th post. But who's counting?

However, being as it is a milestone post and I am a romance writer, this is momentous in one very special way: I introduced someone to romance reading. Someone who had NEVER read a romance novel. (Personally, I bet she has and hasn't realized it, as some romance novels masquerade in other genres just to be sneaky.) But we'll go with her claim of, "I've never read a romance."

And this person is special, the original Lyla. I named the heroine of Lyla's Song for her. I'd always liked the name and she was a childhood friend, although I'd lost track of her. Then last week, I had lunch with her and gave her a copy of the book. It seemed only fitting. When she called to tell me how much she had enjoyed it (music to an author's ears), she also said it was her first--and where could she find the rest?

You know, I had several suggestions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home