Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blankety-blank-blank

The last three hotels we've stayed in have not given us the promised wonderful night's sleep. It wasn't the pillows, as I take my own, nor the comfort of the mattress, all of which were just fine. No, it was the lack of a blanket.

American hotels have top sheets, but then there's that thick bedspread/duvet/comforter. And that's it! It's too hot! We set the room temp to be cool, snuggle down, and pretty soon we kick the cover. Get cold. Wake up and hunt for it. At one fancy hotel, I pulled the lovely comforter off the bed and went hunting for the bedspread the maid had carefully folded and placed in the closet. I've no idea what she thought of us. Country come to town, no doubt. And of course she'd be right.

Trip before last to England, I noticed there were no top sheets, so on the last trip we made, I packed one. Which was a good thing, because the B&B didn't provide. I guess I'm just going to have to start packing my own quilt, too.

Hmmm.... I wonder, since we're used to sleeping with the cats....?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home