Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hurry, Springtime

The instant Winter Solstice hits, I start looking for spring, despite the fact that the worst of winter is, statistically, yet to come. We've had some mighty cold 20-flirting with the teens temps in the last 2 months. Still, I rejoice in the lengthening days. And I get very, very tired of my winter wardrobe.

So, yesterday, on a trip to Dallas, I wore beige slacks. I stopped and bought four pairs of on-sale flats/short heels because 1) I can't wear high heels any more or my right knee protests unspeakably loudly and 2) I'm as tired of my winter loafers as I am my black slacks. Really, really tired of them. Everything does not go with black, at least not in this stage of the waiting-for-spring game.

Now, in fairness, come October, I'm pretty well ready to hang up the crop pants and the sandals. After all, I'd have been in them for six months. (That's why there are end of season sales, so we can put a little excitement in our worn-out wardrobes.) In Texas, I think summer clothes wear out more quickly anyway. Perhaps we have a tendency to buy 'for the season' more or the fabrics are just lighter in weight and not as durable. Or I get my favorites and wear them over and over and over, until I want to say, Hurry, Winter.

No, don't think I've ever said that. Hurry, Autumn maybe. But never, Hurry, Winter.

But for now, Hurry, Springtime.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home