Monday, February 23, 2009

Previews

The fast-forward button on the DVD remote is your very good friend. We all know that. The front of videos are crammed with previews of other movies the same production company has made and to watch them is to be force-fed the same movie trailers you most likely had to sit through at the theatre. Therefore, either fast-forward on through the VCR tape (yes, I still watch them and no, you're not surprised) or find 'menu.'

I watch movies while I do my daily treadmill two miles. At about 30 minutes per session, I can get through most movies in 3-4 days. To that end, I've been buying old videos for a buck at used book stores, then donating them to the library to be resold for same. But we've a new video store in town, which allows five days rentals for a dollar or less (except for new releases), so I'm changing my game plan, and in more ways than one.

I've started watching the previews. If I like movie A well enough to rent it, perhaps I'll like B or C or D enough also. So far, I've either found or been reminded of three movies. This may work after all, shortening my time in the store and widening--but just a bit--my horizons.

And, if all else fails, there's still the fast-forward button.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home