Thursday, February 12, 2009

A new game

Having lamented on January 5, that the game of collecting state quarters was over, I was delighted to find out from the news this morning that another game is afoot. In coordination with Lincoln's bicentennial year, the Mint is releasing new--don't get too excited!--pennies! Four of them! Spread out over the year!

I seem to excel in getting pennies in change, so this shouldn't be too difficult. But what if I get greedy and can't wait to pick through what the cashier has just dumped into my palm? What if I go to the bank?

With the quarters, a sign would appear in the drive-through window: We have the new X-state quarter. I'd send a dollar through the canister and get back my shiny new quarters. So what do I send now? Four old pennies? A nickel?

What to do... what to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home