Sunday, November 09, 2008

That feeling of relief

Should you be on our Christmas list (and it's doubtful that those who are are reading this), then I can give you a feeling of relief. Despite the previous blog about being behind on Christmas gift-buying, we made a monumental step forward this weekend at a wonderful new book store in Plano called Legacy Books. According to its PR, it's the largest independent bookstore to open in decades.

And all I have to say is: "Yeahhhh!!!"

It is gorgeous: open-air, two stories with a mezzanine full of romance and paranormal and mystery. There's a coffee shop and a cooking demo range. The cookbook section alone is worth a trip. The children's--wonderful. I found two books on my list that I've looked for elsewhere and come up only with "may be ordered." I might "may be order" a book for myself, but I want to see and hold and read what goes to my granddaughter or for a baby gift.

So, it goes without saying what most people on our Christmas list are getting: a book. As an author, I heartily approve my choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home