Monday, October 13, 2008

Waiting for the spell checker to kick in

I read--with many grimaces--the text messages sent to me by my sons. They are full of the abbreviated words common to that particular media. I shake my head over the future of the well-written (or at least correctly spelled) word. And I'm a sucker for reading that old email where one letter at a time is gradually subtracted from the alphabet and we can still read the darn thing!

So, there I was writing notes to myself, the best way for me to get anything done because I love crossing them off, and I wrote the word 'amethyst.' And then I stared at it, wondered if I'd spelled it correctly--and had to smile because I was waiting for the spell-check to kick in. I guess that would be the one in my pen?

Sheesh!

(And, yes, that word is now red-squiggly underlined.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home