Sunday, November 30, 2008

A run of great movies

I can't believe my luck. Within 48 hours, I've seen two wonderful movies: Australia, the Kidman-Jackman epic, and Slumdog Millionaire, the joyful (eventually) movie about a kid from the Mumbai slums and his adventure on the Indian version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

To sit in two theaters occupied by adults--no cell phones, no text messaging, very little getting up and down for the restroom and the refreshment counter... I didn't think it was still possible once, much less twice.

Hugh Jackman in a white dinner jacket? Need I say more? Plus the grandness that is Australia itself. As to Slumdog, it's lyrical storytelling. There should be an Oscar nomination in there somewhere.

There's nothing else to say except--GO!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home