Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Great Ocean Road, part I

Monday, Feb. 4 9:12 AM Lorne Victoria Australia

No way will our photos and videos and descriptions do justice to this experience. But of course, we'll try. Up until now, this section of the beach has been surfer's paradise, but I think that may be changing. Will know more as we travel.

Today we are headed around the bend that is the bottom of the state of Victoria to see The Twelve Apostles rock formation. If memory serves, I think one of them cracked or fell last year. I will have to look it up when I get home. In the meantime, I'll count.

Driving: Well, we arrived in one piece. It has taken both of us looking both ways and my white-knuckling to arrive. On the highway we are fine, but the cities are a bit wearing. Biggest problem for the driver: the windshield wipers are on the left side and the turn signals on the right, so unless he has time to think about it, he turns the wipers on instead of signaling.

We persevere.

Sat next to an Aussie couple with similar politics at breakfast. We exist everywhere.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home