Sunday, January 27, 2008

Counting out, counting back

We're going on a trip, a two-week adventure to the other side of the world, exploring, once again, Australia. Whereas if three years ago, we did a big circle east to west to east again, with a dip toward Tasmania, this time, we're doing the north-south, down to Melbourne, up to Darwin.

So I find myself counting out in time. In one week, we'll be here. In two, there. In three, back where we started. (The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise a given.) Sometimes, but not as often, I count back: three weeks ago we were doing such-and-such, etc.

Is it just me?

If I can find internet access--and I had remarkable success last time--I'll post updates. Photos will be out of the picture (so to speak) until we get back, but just to keep my hand in, here's my favorite photo from Feb. 2005. It's unenhanced, presented as captured. It had rained in the mid-afternoon, and on a stroll of the Central Quay, we noticed everyone rising and aiming their cameras toward the Sydney Opera House. Bathed in gold, with birds flying all around, it was truly digital worthy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home