Saturday, June 09, 2012

Travel sized

In a belated fit of spring cleaning, although it is still technically spring, I've been cleaning out drawers: bathroom, freezer, travel bags, recipes tried and untried, and now the latter, consigned to the trash, never to be tried. (Note to self: if the title contains shrimp and garlic, pass it by. You already have every variation on file.)

Our bathroom drawers had become a repository of everything brought home from a trip and then some. Toothbrushes and dental floss from the dentist, all sorts of curling irons (I wonder why so many), freebie pill cases, night light bulbs hidden at the back of the drawer. No wonder I kept buying them; I couldn't find those just bought!

So it was clean-out and rearrange time. The toothbrushes went into a container and slid into the top drawer along with the floss. I took the travel size tissues for the car. The ear plugs went with all the others into the travel bags in the other room. The shampoos and conditioners, as well as the soaps, are a compendium of everywhere we've been in the last 5 years. We use the soap and I'm not buying more hair products until those are gone!

But it's the deodorants that mystify. Do I just stand in the travel aisle at Walmart and put one in my basket every time we're going somewhere? I must. There are over a dozen of them.

We're not mentioning the hotel shower caps...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home