Sunday, December 05, 2010

24 Days of Ornaments: Dec the 6th



What is so funny about this ornament is that it's not pink! Why the red didn't come through, I've no idea. Perhaps there was too much light coming onto the scanner although I covered it up with a blanket to block the sun. But that's neither here nor there.

This little snowman was one of two styrofoam ball creations crocheted for my sons when they were little by a wonderful woman named Faye. This is the survivor. The other, one in purple cap and scarf, went by the wayside some years ago. Now seeing this ornament reminds me of a wonderful older couple who were lots of fun to be with and who had quite a regard for my children.

It also reminds me to dig into the cedar chest and get out that other piece of Christmas which Faye crocheted for us, a green and red Santa commode lid cover. And, no, Santa is not covering his eyes!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home