Thursday, December 02, 2010

24 Days of Ornaments: Dec the 3rd



I didn't expect it to be this hard to decide which ornament would come next. I do know which will be last, my husband's favorite, but in between? Maybe I should just close my eyes and let my trackpad and finger do the choosing.

In lieu of that, I've chosen this white kangaroo. If you look closely, you might see the year 2005 on the tip of his tail. That's the year of our first trip to Australia. I found this wonderful keepsake (and really I'm surprised I didn't see more kangaroo Christmas ornaments during the trip--talk about a tourist trap!) in a shop on the Circular Quay in Sydney. He had several things going for him: price, size, easy packability. Being a symbol of Australia didn't hurt plus we're graduates of Austin College which has as its mascot, the kangaroo.

A no-brainer, so he joined the kangaroo sub-collection of the Christmas tree.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home