Friday, December 24, 2010

24 Days of Ornaments: Dec the 24th



Why does this ornament get pride of place by being number 24? It's certainly not the plastic and yarn frame which, by the way, is red and not pink. (Scanner!) It is my husband's favorite ornament, the one packed first, the one he searches for first, and the one I put front, center, and at eye level.

My mother is responsible for this photo. She was keeping the boys while we were out of town. She took them to the dime store that was having a photographer in. Somehow, she sweet-talked (she was a master of this) them into letting her bring our dog as well. For this is Jenny, our "first child." She was very, very good with the boys as long as they didn't come between her and her food bowl.

(Note: Two ways to learn: listen and do as you're told, or stick your hand in there anyway. Matt can tell you the difference.)

The boys are probably about 2 and 4. It must be spring or summer. A friend gave me the frame, and photo and frame just found their way together. Last year, I scanned it into the computer, so now there is a digital copy. Whew!

It is hard to believe that today is Christmas Eve and my 24 days of Ornaments is over! I've had such a wonderful time writing about these special mementos in my home. Guests have circled my tree trying to find them and I've been able to tell more stories. If nothing else, your take-home lesson from this should be to circle your host's tree and appreciate the sentiments expressed thereon.

Thank you for reading my blog this month and taking this journey with me.

Merry Christmas.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home