Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why my brown jeans fit better than my blue or black

This past summer, my favorite purveyor of clothing, Chico's, brought out a new line of jeans. Called Ultimate Fit and coming in straight leg and boot cut, they were available in an assortment of colors. I was dissatisfied with what I was wearing, bought a pair of straight leg blue denim and fell in love.

So much so that I bought a pair of black ones. And one of brown. And that's where the trouble began. The brown ones, same size and cut, felt better. I attributed it to the dye. Then I purchased what is called 'cairo', a very light brown. They are more comfortable than sweats.

Hmmm... It was time to pull out the fabric tags and sure enough, they were different. The blues and black were 99% cotton and 1% spandex. The brown was 66/33/1, cotton to polyester to spandex. And the cairo were made of 70% cotton and 30% elasterell-P. That's a fancy name for a special polyester.

Well, it works. Now to convince Chico's to put this combo of fibers in all their jeans. Just let me wear the current ones out a bit first, if I can convince myself to not live in cairo.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home