Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vanquishing the new recipe

The excitement is over. The new pound cake has been made and happily shared and consumed. The cake itself, a brown sugar mixture with a POUND of brown sugar in it, is good. The sauce is too thin. Should I ever make it again, I'd pour the sauce over the hot cake and let it soak in. Or, I'd make another sauce, one I have for cheesecakes, which are my forte and love anyway.

Back to the pound of sugar. I didn't have an exact pound, like in a box. I had a two-pound bag so I hauled out my handy-dandy little scale, weighed to make sure the two-pound nomenclature wasn't lying on the front of the bag (it wasn't), and proceeded to relieve it of half. There's just nothing like a good scale in the kitchen.

Or a lying one in the bathroom.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home