Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tying up the loose ends

1. My Timex watch, aka my dad, has graduated to a wheelchair and is anxiously trying to get out of it. Guess he'll be walking again soon, which is a very good thing. His mechanic's mind kicked in and he wanted me to get him a pipe, 1/2 inch interior diameter, 18 inches long, so he could extend the brake lever and thereby unlock himself and take off. Go figure, he doesn't know Mother is dead but he's scheming to make a better machine.

2. Duchess the mama cat was trapped on the first night's try. She is awaiting her turn to be spayed. Whew! It took a bit more effort to capture four wiggly and very scared kittens, but they are safely tucked in and awaiting time at the vet also.

3. I put on my 'big girl knickers', screwed my courage to the sticking spot, and decided to activate my iPhone myself. It took about 20 minutes and there were no problems. So far, I'm in the honeymoon phase of it, ever amazed at the hand-held computer that will make phone calls. Now I just have to figure out how to use it.

Added Wednesday, Sept. 12:

4. We tried another Bertolli Skillet Meal--Shrimp, Asparagus and Penne. Lovely sauce, but there was so little asparagus they should have left out that ingredient. We won't be buying it again.

5. Bathroom survey: I've been going the same old places. Finally tried a new one: Blue Goose Mexican Cantina, Plano: 105 because they had a baby-changing area in the handicapped stall.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home