Monday, August 27, 2007

Re-winding the Timex

It's Monday, almost a week since Daddy fell. He was discharged from the hospital on Friday evening and returned to the nursing home. Once more back in familiar surroundings with people who know him, we were hoping for a speedier recovery.

Hmmm. Saturday wasn't so hot as he slept most of the time. Yesterday he was more alert and sitting in his recliner, although he couldn't get in to and out of it on his own. And he knew me again. I was no longer Uncle Bruce, my mother or his brother, all deceased. I was no longer on the opposite side of the room from where I was standing. Definite improvement for his mental state.

His physical will be evaluated today and hopefully we can get him further on the road to recovery. He still doesn't know what happened and why he can't get out of wherever he is. It doesn't matter how many times we tell him either. It just doesn't register.

So my "Timex watch" is ticking a little slower now, but it's still wound.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home