Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Silverback

It came to my attention yesterday that while Daddy was not receiving physical therapy since the therapist was on vacation, he wasn't going to receive it unless I made an issue of it. I'm usually more content to ride in the boat rather than rock it, but it was rock it time.

I rocked, brought the issue to the attention of people who could get something done about it, and he was in PT today.

So while I really like my allusion of Daddy as a Timex, it may not be the most appropriate. Yesterday I was in Mother Bear mode. Someone was messing with my cub, who can neither speak up for himself nor understand why he should.

And then I thought, Mother Bear isn't right. It's more accurate to think of Daddy as an old Silverback gorilla. Surely you've watched enough nature shows to know this comparison. Maybe the younger ones are knocking on the door of his leadership. Maybe his own protecting years are over. But he's still there.

Yes, Daddy as Silverback.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home