Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Armadillo Wars, Part Ib

Undaunted by the previous night's no-show-armadillo, I dutifully left the trap up again last night. And was passed by one more time.

So, I have to ask myself: Was he just a traveling salesman type of armadillo, out to sniff and snort my grubs and then move on to (ahem!) greener pastures, or, did he approach my gate, use his extraordinary sense of nose-twitching, and--dare I say it?--smell a trap?

Tonight, no trap. If he comes back, I'll have to reevaluate my worthy opponent.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM CDT, Blogger AJ said...

Take heart. Last year I spent three months trying to trap mine. He kept figuring out ways to get to the bait w/o walking into the trap cage.
The day I gave up, I released the last of my expensive Canadian earthworms I was using for bait. He got those too.

Had'nt seen one at all in 2008. Then this PM I discovered he had tunneled under my house. Time to start all over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home