Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wednesday night supper, part 2

Okay, so now I'm on a mission. Each Wednesday night, a new Bertolli frozen meal for two. And it's going to take a while.

Perusing the aisle at Wal-Mart, I found many more entries (entrees?) in this sweepstakes for the best than I had remembered, maybe 8. And at over $6 each, I didn't buy them all. First time out, I had merely grabbed the shrimp. Second time, I bought three, a meatball, a chicken, a vegetarian, which, given my household, will probably be a side dish when we have leftovers.

Last night, we tried Meatballs Pomodoro and Penne. Quite good. It would have been better had I not turned the heat up too high and part of it burned to the bottom of the pan. That required a two hour soak in the sink and a dusting of Bon Ami. I would recommend the Pomodoro if you haven't time to make your own meatballs and sauce.

We need a ratings system. If the shrimp were a 9, leaving room for an entree to knock our figurative socks off, then the meatballs would be a 7. I'd buy it again to keep for a back-up on a busy, busy night.

Bon appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home