Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The book ornament

I belong to a romance reader's club and our December meeting is a potluck supper, a movie or games, and a gift exchange. We put a price limit on it of $12 or so. I found '12 Days of Booklovers Christmas' kitchen towels and thought all I needed was to add a book-themed tree ornament.

Well, good luck is all I can say.

I've looked at Canton Trade Days, every department store I've been in, Walmart, grocery stores, World Market, Target. I've seen an impressive array of ornaments and actually, one book ornament at a mall kiosk. However, it alone was outside the price range so I left empty-handed.

So I've bought an angel instead. In her hand is a heart, and I guess that's close enough for those of us who love to read.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home