Thursday, May 22, 2008

The everlasting flower outlasts my patience

Last Friday I blogged about the carnation-that-didn't-die in the backseat of my car after two days of neglect. Guiltily, I stuck it in a vase in the kitchen and watched. A week has passed. Not only has it not taken up any water to speak of, its petal edges are only slightly turned and browned.

That did it. Such impudence! The more it became like a friend's poinsettia which lasted from Thanksgiving to Easter with similar nerve (she finally threw it out), the more I disliked it. It went in this morning's trash.

No regrets.

Instead I cut three bloom stalks from the oak leaf hydrangea. They are lovely. Alas, they smell. I don't know that I can live with said smell and if not, then they'll become my first patio-arrangement in a vase.

Sheesh! Where's a good cluster of daffodils when you need them?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home