Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Texas snowfall

We rarely get the lovely, fluffy, big-flake kind of snowfalls seen in other parts of the country. We certainly don't get them in March! What we get when we get anything at all is ice. Sheets of ice. So, it was sorta' nice to have an all-night 6-inch snowfall which disappeared the next day when temps rose into the 50s.

Photographers abound in such circumstances and I'm no exception.

My neighbor's yard became a winter wonderland:

My sideyard looked like a white blanket:

There was no wind, so snow piled up on the chainlink fence:

But winter wonderland, white blanket, no wind or not, the temps hovered around 30 and soon the streets were slush:

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful picture's. The snow was a suprise and blessing from our Lord. I enjoy your blog and look forward to your daily adventures.
I would like to know where I may find your books to purchase.

 
At 9:16 AM CST, Blogger Sisker said...

My books can be found at http://www.wings-press.com. Just search for my name under Authors and they should pop right up!

Sisker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home