Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back in the USA

Saturday, Feb 16, 2008, 1:55PM, CST, Home in Texas

No more writing the "real" time now since we're home. Figured that from the time we left our hotel on our first Friday the 15th's morning until we walked through our front door at 9 pm on our second Friday the 15th's evening (love that International Date Line), we travelled 29 hours. First on the agenda: shower and feed the cats! Or was that in the opposite order? You know it was.

Our ordinarily stand-offish, how-dare-you-hold-me cat Pyewacket was a non-stop love machine last night. Every time I turned over, he seized the opportunity to wake me further and purr in my ear, want under the cover (he never does that), and bed down on my stomach. I guessed he missed me.

This morning as I was clearing out the mail, Tuxedo wouldn't stay off the table. Finally, I held him in my lap, belly to belly and stroked him with one hand while sorting envelopes with the other. Can you say spoiled?

We have returned to rain and thunder, budding trees, daffodils about to bloom. The laundry is almost washed, but I've not begun to tackle the paperwork necessary to close out the trip. Then there's the bills, the ironing, the gift-giving...

Always good to go. Always better to come home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home