Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Caught up? Are you kidding?

I made a list Saturday with the first layer of things I needed to get done after we returned home. As of today, about 3/4 of it is crossed off. I still need to transfer the videocam film to DVD (unedited), but I have edited the over 250 photos and printed out about half--all right, all right--MORE than half of them. I ran out of paper. I still need to write the North Texas e-News articles which means more sifting through photos.

For us though, in this playing catch-up mode, there was an unexpected benefit of the writer's strike. Instead of recording 18 hours of programming and spending a week watching it while recording the new shows so we could watch all in order, I put but 6 hours on tape and one of those has proven unnecessary. If there weren't many new shows, then I had little to record. And thanks to Pacific Time TV schedules, we caught the first episode of LOST in a cafe outside the international gate in LAX. We steathily moved outselves from the far corner until we were sitting underneath the TV.

So we had but 4 hours to catch up on (FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS as well as LOST) and it was done by Monday night. So no excuses for vegging in front of the TV when I could really be cleaning house.

Oh, please. I think I'll just make another list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home