Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Look out: Curves ahead!

I think we have a case of chicken and egg (which came first?) here. In the past few days, the media, this as an example, have had a field day with the idea that women with a waist smaller than their hips (that would be the Waist Hip Ratio, or WHR to those in the know) are more intelligent and have more intelligent children.

While I'm sure I could think of many exceptions if I just put my mind to it (being in the proper WHR is making me a bit lazy about it), I think it's backwards. As a writer, I constantly hear the mantra to get out of the chair and away from the computer because it'll just "spread what's already big enough as it is."

So, are curvy women intelligent because of all that stored Omega-3 (read the articles) OR are intelligent women curvy because they enjoy the mental gymnastics and sit more?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home