Sunday, October 28, 2007

You know you've been married a long time when...

Went antiquing yesterday in Gladewater, a small East Texas town which proclaims itself the Antique Capital of East Texas. Not so sure about that, but there were enough stores to explore that we spent 5 hours doing it. (Antiquing is hard work. I'm more tired at the end of the slow shuffle-and-look days than when I walk on the treadmill.) I spent less than $5 (but there was potential to spend more) and we had a good lunch at a Mexican food restaurant.

For several years I've seen stacks of cookbooks and pamphlets which harken back to my newlywed days. I rarely see--other than Corningware--a wedding gift. But there, in the middle of an antique store was my ceramic appetizer tray. Two pieces which fit together like Yin and Yang with small separate compartments for tomatoes or cherry peppers, both pieces sit on a wooden lazy Susan. It's compact and I still have mine. Heck, I still USE it.

Asking price was $22, negotiable to about 10% less I imagine. New it would have been... less than $10?

So my wedding gifts are now in antique stores. Guess I've been married a long time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home