Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finding myself in an unexpected place

I guess we've all Googled ourselves, typed in our name and hit search, only to find that we are not as unique as we think we are. But I tried something different.

In researching an article for a regional magazine, I found myself on Bookfinder and the temptation was too great. I "bookfindered" me.

Now Bookfinder is a wonderful site for finding used books. We use it all the time at the library to determine if one of the old volumes we're about to toss on the dollar table is actually worth enough to call "rare." By default of being an author, I have this job and I've become fairly competent at judging a book by its cover, subject, and age and knowing if it's a $20 find or not. So I didn't really expect to find myself for sale used.

But there I was. Or, at least, there was ONE YEAR PAST PERFECT. For sale in North Carolina of all places and--get this!--signed!

SIGNED! For whom did I sign a book and then they sold to a used book store? And said store wanted more for it than going to my publisherwhere it is, three years after being published, still available, a major bonus of small press publishing.

Anyway, there it is. I'll look on it as free promo and marketing.

Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home