Monday, February 08, 2010

My uncanny ability

I love my iPhone and hate connecting it to my macbook to sync. I put it off as long as possible. I let "the cloud" of MobileMe update the calendars and addresses and figure I don't need a constant rehash of photos. Unsurprisingly, I'm not a constant user of iTunes for the latest tracks.

But last week, I bit the bullet because I wanted some new apps. Because I had delayed for so long, this was not the simple process of attaching the iPhone and downloading away. First of all, iTunes had to be updated. Then, Safari had new problem-solvers on board. In fact, the latter two software updates had been bugging me weekly for months. THEN, when they were done and I'd checked all the little 'agrees' for using the new stuff, I could sync my iPhone.

Except it too had an upgrade. Big breath. Then it had to recycle or refit or something and I'm left staring at a blank iPhone as it does its thing. An hour after I start this process, all is declared well and I can disconnect.

Whew--that's over for another few months.

Then today, I read about the new iPhone software and obligatory iTunes accompanier. This is the very same thing that happened last time, which was September, I think. I hunkered down, downloaded, updated, gritted my teeth--and they came out with the new goods the next day.

If I could only pick stocks...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home