Sunday, December 16, 2007

Goodnight!...

...it's been a week since I posted. You'd think that someone with all her Christmas shopping done would have a better track record than that. Obviously not.

So how have I occupied myself? For starters, I finished that geological survey puzzle of my 4x6 mile section of the Earth. Finished it and then let it sit there for 4 days so I could glory in it being finished. Showed it to everyone who came near the house.

In to Dallas twice for business, two dinners, a surprise birthday party, a cookie party (had to contribute goodies for all these affairs--what fun!), the cantata at church today and another party tonight. For it, I decided to do something easy but different, (not always a good sign) so I made my traditional pecan pie in a square pan and I'm going to cut it in pieces for serving. Like candy. I'm either on to a break-through in my baking years or stopping for ice cream to take.

I did finish wrapping gifts. I haven't ironed. I haven't vacuumed and I haven't written one single Christmas card although I'm enjoying those I've received and I've written the annual Christmas letter.

I spent a day and a half reviewing the galleys for my January release, WEDDING BELLE BLUES, from Wings ePress. That's intense, reading for everything that I didn't catch, the editor didn't catch, the copy editor didn't catch... and there were two pages of little bitty things that got through all the checks and balances.

I wonder what I missed. I'm not going to think about it.

Now I have as houseguests, the "grandest of kittens", one son's two housecats while he and his family spend Christmas in London with his in-laws. But right now, this very minute, I hear strange noises from the sewing room, so I'd better go check. I think the haloes are off the grandest.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home