Sunday, December 02, 2007

The brightest spot in my Christmas wardrobe...

... is a pair of plaid Keds.

Red and green, of course, canvas flats, bought in late summer to complement jeans through the fall. But it was so warm, I continued to wear sandals until November. By then, it was considerably cooler and I was into real shoes. The canvas was kicked under the vanity stool. But with a week of warm weather ahead of us (thank you, Lord!), I've eyed them once again.

They went to church today, paired with a red Christmas jumper and barely-there sleeves on a white tee. They were the rage, as they were yesterday at a writer's meeting. Durn--but they're cute. And so not meant to be worn at Christmas when it should be cold.

I've pulled out my dwindling Christmas wardrobe. I used to have lots of cute seasonal things, but gradually they have faded or succumbed to their provenance and gone out of style. (Not that that's enough to stop me from wearing Christmas.) My tastes have changed, too, and I'm more likely to wear gold/silver and black than cutesy cats and reindeer. Still, if the warm keeps up (hint! hint!), I'll be resigned to the one sure piece in my Christmas wardrobe.

Preppy, red and green plaid Keds.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home