Sunday, September 07, 2008

Angling for an angel

I'd love to know what you would do:

At a flea market yesterday, one that consisted of half commercial merchandise and half homemade crafts--and a totally wasted trip if not for the lovely antique shops, small (but interesting) art fair, and really good place for lunch all half a block away--I came upon a situation I wasn't quite sure what to do about. I did nothing, but should I?

This particular booth was selling etched tiles. Their samples had a home-sweet-home, Bible-verse quality to them. They even had a notebook full of samples including work on inside walls of homes. And there, in the midst of their token tiles to admire was one with a saying about angels. Except it didn't. It was about angles.

Now, if you're in the business to sell your words and work, you should know the difference. I thought this before reading today's Dallas Morning News article about commercial signs and the pervasive inaccuracies thereof. Some are comical. Others, just make you want to shake your head.

So, should I have told the owners about their mistake? I didn't want to embarrass them, but isn't a bad representation of their work even worse?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home